Monday, September 17, 2007

Calendar




Do you use a calendar? For any successful work at home career, business or even just everyday family life a good calendar is a must have.

I use Microsoft Outlook Calendar for my work and family events.It is simple I can print out a weekly or a monthly view and everything is in one place.

There are a number of great interactive calendar programs out there right now and they are free to make them even better:

Google Calendar
Yahoo Calendar
Bravenet Calendar

There are a huge number of calendars you can download and pay for but the free ones work just as well.

A calendar is only as good as how we use it. I take a look at mine every Sunday night to see what I have coming up that week, school pictures, work appointments, calls I need to make, doctor visits anything that week.

I make every attempt to add things immediately as they come up. I have a little basket on my desk, I put appointment cards in there, I clear out the kids backpack every day when they get home and place any school events, meetings etc. that needs to be on the calendar in this basket. At the end of the day when the kids are in bed I go thru the basket and add all these things, then I throw away the paper. Less clutter more organization.

The more organized, the less stress!

0 comments: