Saturday, September 15, 2007

Playing War



My son is 10 years old, he watches some news here and there and he understands 9/11, but today he and one of his friends went out to "play war". I was not sure what to say to that. I watched our President babble about continuing the war, I hear the democrats and the republicans fighting over it every day...

At the end of the day, our little boys who are out "playing war" will someday be the big boys who are fighting and losing their lives, just as 3,781 american soldiers have lost their life to date in Iraq. Click here if you would like to check out the casualty report, I do not think enough people look at this. I think it has become just an everyday thing to the American people, I have added this link to my Favorites, in the hopes that you will all take a look once in awhile.

I support our troops, I am proud of our troops, my brother was in the Navy and did 2 tours in the Gulf, I am thankful every day he came home. I am also thankful that my little boy is only "playing war" and I pray he will not have to live it like so many others. Support our troops, regardless of your politics, please support our troops.

Click on the links below to see how!

America Supports You
Any Soldier
Support Your Troops

These are just a few ideas. My favorite and one you can get your kids involved in is the Xerox "Lets Say Thanks" campaign.

Please check it out and get involved!

0 comments: