Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday Follies




My son is 10, I understand that taking your lunch to school is not cool in the 5th grade. So, imagine my surprise when he came home today and said, "Mom, I need you to start packing my lunch. Salads and stuff."

So, I said to myself, "Self, who is this kid and what has he done with my son?"

After I checked him for obvious signs of head trauma or illness, I asked him why and he said because they have no "good" junk food and the good for you food they serve sucks(his words, not mine). He refers to it as barfaroni, barfaghetti, peanut butter and barf..you get the picture....

So next week they are on vacation for Thanksgiving, so I will be spared the lunch packing thing, but get ready world my son will be sporting caesar salad, carrot sticks and other healthy items. They grow up too fast.

I found a couple of good sites to give me some ideas....

Healthy Child
School Lunch Ideas
Amazing Moms

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are killing me, I hear the school lunches in Volusia county are AWFUL!