Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's Free









Do you know about Freecycle? I did not until a good friend in Kentucky (ANN CRABS) told me about it.

New Smyrna Beach has their own chapter...it has over 700 members. You can access the group here. This is how it works, you have something you want to get rid of, you post it and it gets picked up by someone who wants or needs it. You can literally do it without EVER meeting the person, leave it on your porch. If you want something, post a wanted ad, if someone has it the will let you know. It is ridiculously easy.

I have tried it out, I have posted, doll houses, polly pocket items. mostly kid stuff, each time I received an email of interest, each time the item was picked up.

If you are a member of NSB Freecycle, you can also join the Cafe....

The Cafe is a bit more liberal than the Freecycle site. You can share a newsletter, article or discuss a Community Event, you can also sell things in the Cafe.

Check it out, I was surprised by the number of members and the excellent level of communication. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.....

Check back tomorrow....we are having our first GIVEAWAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great site I use it in Atlanta!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the plug!

Ann said...

Another great site: Craig's list. www.craigslist.org. You can buy/sell for free here.