Saturday, February 9, 2008

Martha, Martha, Martha






Martha is at it again, her column, "Ask Martha" today is filled with wonderful ideas for Valentines Day. The first question has to be, who in the heck is asking her this stuff anyway...

First we have easy to make inexpensive Bath Sachets, first head on off to your specialty herb store and pick up some fragrant spices to pack into your muslin drawstring bags. I would need some help on what a muslin drawstring bag is...oh and directions to that "specialty herb store"...

My favorite is "carnation sensation", you have got to read this one for yourself, but the gist of it is you take 5 dozen (WHAT) carnations and snip them off at the base, you then thread them together somehow with a single thread upholstery needle (that would be tough to come by in my house)and oh wait you need to hang them from an embroidery hoop, (I have one of these just laying around waiting for me to embroider....), glue on some ribbon and attach it to the ceiling. (Yea right) You can also make some matching napkin rings. I am thinking the paper towels I throw down on the table will really look special with a carnation napkin ring adorning it.

If you are in the market for a sumptuous floral shaped stamp, go ahead and head on over to the market and get yourself a Treviso Radiccchio, cut the head off and lo and behold you have yourself a stamp....I am not quite clear on what Treviso Radicchio is and the produce lady at Publix looked at me like I was a nut when I asked her and explained what I was doing....

Now I like Martha and I am sure that these are great projects. She has a variety of other totally ridiculous ideas for Valentines Day that I know my friend Annie will probably do and make better. I, however, will be sending my child to school with store bought valentines from a box....I am very concerned that she is going to be permanently damaged by her craft challenged mother....

....I am thinking I will throw a couple napkin rings on those 3D dog valentines to dress them up a bit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am headed out for carnations right now!

Ann said...

Yes, I did make my valentines. And homemade bath salts for my sisters in handcrafted packages...

nsbmom said...

I want to be you.