Saturday, April 5, 2008

Cooking is Overrated






I went to a Pampered Chef party today, have you ever been to one of these? The hostess and the Pampered Chef Rep cook up some great treats, show you some great kitchen gadgets and you buy lots of things to help you on the road to being a gourmet cook.

Welllll, being a gourmet cook is quite expensive.....knives $70.00, that is for one, the skillet I would love to have is over $200.00. I was able to score some little corn cob knob things, you know the ones, kids love to stick them in the ears of corn so they don't burn their fingers....anyway those were $3.50. NO threat of those turning me into a gourmet and and since fresh corn on the cob happens to be the ONLY vegetable my daughter will eat,these are a must have item.

At the end of the day, this party helped me on the road to self-realization, I still hate to cook, my kitchen is still a disaster, and I would still rather eat out than cook any day. All in all it was a successful day...

0 comments: