Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pick A Lane






If you drive in New Smyrna Beach I know you have said "pick a lane", you have probably yelled it at any number of drivers...teenagers on the phone, senior citizens trying to figure out where they are going, and other assorted people not paying attention and driving all over the road.

I am incredibly guilty of being very vocal in my car, sometimes my kids are with me. I need to shut up. Today I was driving down the road, Pioneer Trail to be precise, and a man pulled in front of me to drive 30 mph. WHY I ASK YOU do you need to be in a hurry to get in front of me to go 0 MILES AN HOUR.

So...after this guy pulls in front of me my daughter says "move it dickhead", yes I almost drove OFF the road. I said, "What did you say?" , she looked at me with her almost nine year old grin and said, "Mommy, he does not know how to drive he is a dickhead." Well as you would expect we had a discussion about appropriate behavior and words that are ok to use. All the while I was thinking, how many people have I called "dickhead" while she was in the car. YIKES.

Anyway, long story short, we are on the way home a few hours later and I was looking at a house that was for sale and I swerved slightly over to the shoulder, she looked at me and said...yes she said it.... "MOM, PICK A LANE!"

3 comments:

Ann said...

kids...they get you every time!

Anonymous said...

I love that child.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA...as I was reading this I had to keep reminding myself that I did not write it, although, I was fairly certain it sounded like my life. I too need to watch what I say when the kids are in the car.