Friday, June 13, 2008

Weekend Events in New Smyrna





There is alot happening this weekend, we have a big birthday and of course Father's Day. Another birthday and holiday go by without any sign of my children's father. Luckily they have Grandpa and their Uncle.

There are bands or special events at The Garlic, Gilly's Pub 44. Merk's Bar and Grille, OM Bar and Chill Lounge, Stella's and Peanut's. Check out today's Accent for a total list of area club happenings.

The New Smyrna Beach Police Department will hold its 2nd annual Motorcycle Skills Competition on Saturday from 9am-3pm at NSB High School. It is free and the public is welcome. They will have refreshments and sell T-Shirts to benefit Special Olympics.

If you plan on swimming in lakes or ponds, please read this. With the onset of hot weather Volusia County has issued a warning about the dangerous amoeba that killed three children in 2007. Be aware, not only are lakes and ponds a risk, but a poorly maintained swimming pool can also house this creepy critter. Know where your children are swimming.

I found this online newspaper this week NSBNEWS.net
interesting features and opinions, it is updated frequently and has some good information.

As always it will be a nice weekend for the beach, remember your sunscreen and swim near a lifeguard. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted let you know how much I enjoy reading your page, I was born in New Smyrna and lived in Edgewater until the age of ten. I came across your blog from menu plan Monday (I believe!) Love hearing about the happenings in the town I called home long ago!

Stacy in Tx.

nsbmom said...

Thanks!! I appreciate your kind words, keep reading!