Saturday, November 15, 2008

Too Old For Barbie?



Today my 9 year old daughter brought me a bag full of Barbie's. Something like 20 Barbie's. Most were in good shape, hair combed, dressed, accessorized nicely. There was one headless Barbie, and one torso Barbie who had unfortunately lost her arms and legs, but most were quite lovely.

Anyway, she informed me that I could give them away on Freecycle. I was shocked and just stared at her. She said, "Mommy, don't you think it is weird that I am 9 and still like to play with Barbie's."

WHAT?????? Are you kidding me????

So I told her I did not think it was weird that she should play with them as long as it was fun. She informed me that it was fun but she was "too old."

So, I let it go and told her to go find all the clothes and shoes and stuff to give away too. She went away and came back a few minutes later and asked me if I had listed them yet. I told her no, she said, can I think about it?

OF COURSE YOU CAN!!! I told her don't be in a hurry, you are never to old to play, come back when you are ready and we will list them.

Last I looked she was serving dinner to 18 perfectly dressed Barbies, one headless Barbie and one torso Barbie.

Hopefully the crisis has passed and my baby is not going to grow out of Barbie today!

1 comments:

Ann said...

Oh dear! My 4 year old is just entering the Barbie thing. How short lived! Send them to me when she is done!