Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ruthy's

I have never eaten at Ruthy's in New Smyrna Beach, they are located at 618 Canal Street, that is across US1, across the street from the health department. I have had two different people tell me about their experiences at Ruthy's so I felt I should share.

The first was a few months ago, someone I know went to lunch at Ruthy's, this individual said they had bad service, good food. This past weekend a local business owner took his girlfriend there for breakfast. It was very busy and they were told it would be about a 15 minute wait for their food. After an hour of waiting, he asked his server where the food was. (He was more patient than I am). The server was very nice, apologized and said she would check. The explanation was that they had ordered a "difficult breakfast." Since it was a special on the menu, he was a tad skeptical at that response as many people came in after them and were done with breakfast and had left the restaurant.

The server went back again to check and returned to tell him that the cook said that is how it was and that they could wait till the food came or leave, when he asked to see the Manager, he discovered that Ruthy was the manager and the cook. Ruthy did come out and speak to this customer, who by the way is black, his girlfriend is white. When he pointed out to Ruthy that everyone else had been served except them, she became upset and told him to leave and she would pray for him. Needless to say this new business owner in our community is not impressed with our hospitality and actually wondered if this was because he is black.

I am curious if anyone else has had an experience like this in this restaurant or any other in our community. I am also interested in any good or bad experiences in any of our local businesses, whether you are a resident or a visitor everyone should be treated with respect.

Please email me or leave a comment.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Ruthy's eat there a couple times a week.