Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why I Love NSB - Reason # 1,989


I was the lucky recipient of a traffic ticket a few weeks ago, I went to pick up my daughter at the school without my purse and got a ticket for having no license, a $10.00 go to the courthouse and show your license type of infraction....we will not discuss what he could have written me. Kind soul that he is gave me a warning.

So as my 30 days is coming to an end I decided to go thru the torture of the Court Clerk's office and pay my fine etc. I used to live in a rather large city in North Carolina. Any visit to the court house or any public facility required leaving home at least 45 minutes prior, driving in circles for a parking place for at least 30 minutes, then paying for the parking and walking five miles. Standing in line for 20 minutes to go through security with some pretty scary folks....then just when you think the end is near, the line to the Clerk's office is at least a 45 minute wait. You must plan at least 4 hours for any such visit....

Come to New Smyrna Beach, park in free parking directly in front of the courthouse on Riverside Drive. Enter the front door, walk thru security, I was the only one there, the officer directed me to the Court's Clerks office, (he saw the ticket in my hand). I was the only one in there, paid my fine and was back in my driveway. Entire trip 20 minutes, only took that long because I caught a light.

I love it here.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep...you have to love some aspects of "small" town living.

Kaley

Diana said...

Sounds heavenly... if you could get a traffic ticket in heaven...