Monday, September 7, 2009

Are You A Hoarder


Oh Happy Day...the long weekend is over. It was a good one but the routine of school, baseball, tennis and riding is welcome around here.
I am sitting here watching this show on A&E called Hoarders. I am utterly amazed by how some of these people live. The photo above is from one of these homes. My former mother-in-law was somewhat of a hoarder, she was a online and home shoppning network, QVC addict. If it was on there she was buying it and piling it. My ex-husband inherited this tendency and our garage or barn was usually a vast wasteland of junk, rarely was a car able to fit. Drove me nuts.
I on the other hand am not, I throw things away, give things away, donate things and later I usually say to myself, "self, why did I not keep that." A good example of this is my son's volcano, he made a volcano in 4th grade, we hauled that thing all over. I think I threw it away when we moved in 2007. Well of course he had to make one in 5th grade.....well wait. I had to make one in 5th grade....you get the point. My new motto is Think Before You Throw.
Here are some good sites to help you not be a hoarder.....
Now off to do something about my desk...I cannot see the top of it. Enjoy the week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No hoarding here.. I'm the queen of clean (queen of green too!)

:o)

Ann said...

If I finally decide to part with something, inevitably within athe year, I need it. Example: when Brian and I married, we ditched one microwave. Then we moved to Knoxville where we had 2 kitchens--one downstairs off the rec room. A microwave would have been great! Not to mention the one we kept broke and we bought a new one. Only to move into a house that had one over the range...