Thursday, September 24, 2009

They Used To Be Cute.....

......my kids I mean. Adorable little blonde haired, blue eyed darlings. Then one day they woke up as.......(insert Jaws music here) PRETEENS. My daughter has been wailing like an injured farm animal for the past 30 minutes, why, you ask? I asked her to get her pajamas on. WHAT! Between wails it goes something like this....

"What did I ever do to youuuuuu?" "Whyyyyyyy are you ruinnning my liiiffffeeee." There is more but I won't torture you with it. She is 10.

Then we have Mr. Middle School Boy. Check this exchange out.

Mom: "Hey MSB(middle school boy), how about unloading the dishwasher?"

MSB: "What Mom?"(never looks up)

Mom: "Please unload the dishwasher."

MSB: "The dishwasher?"

Mom: "Yes, that silver thing in the kitchen, we put dirty dishes in it. It runs, then we unload it and put them away.

MSB: "You want me to unload it? Like put the dishes away?"

Mom: "Yes, that is what I am getting at. By the way, it could be done in the amount of time that you have tried to get me to forget what I wanted in the first place with your nonsense."

MSB: "Well Mom, I am really just not feeling it"

Mom: "Feeling what?"

MSB: "Feeling like unloading the dishwasher"

so I am not sure what feeling it has to do with the dishwasher or the need to unload it but I remained calm.

Mom: "OK, so I guess you think I should unload it?"

MSB: "That would be good, I am just not feeling it."

Mom: "OK, I will do it."

he kind of looked at me funny here, like hmmmmm, is this a trap??

Stay tuned, this is where it gets good...

Several hours later...."Hey Mom, can you go watch TV in the other room so I can play XBOX?"

MOM: "what?"

MSB: "the tv, Mom, can I have it?"

Mom: "the tv?"

MSB: "yea Mom, can you go in the other room and let me play XBOX?"

Mom: "Well, I am just not feeling it!"
Now refer back to the 10 year old wailing from above....his response was similar. As for me....I am feeling it, feeling like laughing.



1 comments:

TJ said...

They kill me.

TJ