Saturday, November 14, 2009

Amazing Animals

Never underestimate the power of an animal. My daughter is a relatively happy child...most of the time (when she is not around her brother)....she has good reason to be pissy, her father ignores her, her mother has a litany of issues, I am always broke, I suck at math, I dress funny....on it goes...but 3 days a week she heads out to Marcody Ranch in Samsula and rides her horse. This is a horse I found her on the side of the road in NC, we shipped him here from NC and he is not an inexpensive hobby. He is however her best friend....he clearly loves her, rubs his head on her, stands on her, does horse things that only horse people can understand means "I love you".....but this kid looked at me tonight and said, "Mom, don't get me anything for Christmas." I said "huh", she said I have Marco (the horse) and that is all I want....save your money....SO I am thinking to myself... "self, she has lost her mind." But then I look at these pictures....enough said....



2 comments:

Tony said...

awesome

Kobe said...

Sweet.....great kid and horse!