Sunday, November 29, 2009

What a long weekend...it is nice for the kids to have a break from school, but is is really nice for Mom to get a break when they go back to school. My son has been out of school since the Friday before Thanksgiving, but he is not high maintenance....my daughter....well let's just say she is up my ass just about every minute of the day, from the minute she wakes up til bedtime......I am pretty sure some of it is related to her missing father (and no he is not missing in action in the military or the victim of crime or illness) whatever the reason it results in NO PEACE for Mom.

But I digress, against my better judgment and to just shut her up I got out the Christmas decorations before December 1st.....something I do not do...I put up the tree and let her go to town decorating....she opened boxes of my mothers, my grandmothers, mine....I have Christmas coming out of every orifice, attached to every doorknob, windowsill and light switch.....she painted the dogs toenails red....(one of them is an 85 lb male boxer)....you get the idea.....

I will try and rid myself of the Bah Humbug attitude before the big parade, light up Flagler etc. weekend that we have coming up....check back later in the week for a full schedule of events!

3 comments:

Tony said...

But she is honest....love her

Ann said...

There will be a day when you will wish she was still so needy. If only it could be a little more balanced throughout our lives, eh?

Kobe said...

Too funny. Remember the year they yanked your chain with the dancing lights? These will be the days we will look back upon and smile.