Friday, March 12, 2010

Balliamo Italian Steakhouse


My friend Kathy was celebrating a special occasion tonight and asked my daughter and I to join her for dinner at Balliamo Italian Steakhouse in Edgewater. They are located in the Publix Plaza at 2976 S Ridgewood Ave. This is her third trip to Balliamo and my second, fantastic food and some of the best service ever!

I had Salmon Oscar and if I could have licked the plate I would have, it was wonderful. Kathy had the seafood pasta and they made their Shrimp Francese with Chicken and no capers for my ten year old. It was all fresh and delicious. The Salmon came with a choice of side items and I had the Italian Greens, terrific choice, they were sauteed in olive oil and fresh garlic, very tasty!

Foe dessert try the chocolate Tuxedo Bomb or the Lemoncello, they also offer a sugar free selection, tonight was Tiramisu. Balliamo offers beer, wine and a full liquor bar, live entertainment on most weekends. Not just a nice place for dinner but a very nice bar area makes it a good place to hang out as well.

Our server was Maher, we have had her before and she is extremely attentive, handled the special requests and made recommendations on the menu for my daughter. The owner's both stopped by the table to chat with us (even before he knew I was writing this), they are an extremely nice couple who are very serious about having a nice restaurant with great food and service. You can have a look at their menu here. We can highly recommend Balliamo to you for a special occasion or just a quick weeknight dinner.


Support your local business!

0 comments: