Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moving On

It was a sad, strange day today at Edgewater Alliance Church. The bottom line is our Senior Pastor committed a pretty grievous sin and has left the church. You could have heard a pin drop on the brand new carpet this morning after the announcement. When the district superintendent showed up with an announcement we figured it was not good but I am pretty sure no one expected this.

There was crying, sadness, disbelief, anger all kinds of emotion in that brand new building this morning. I am sad for his wonderful wife Karen and his two children who grew up here in this community, I am sad for the people who believed in him and what he was saying. Pastor Tim made a whopper of a mistake. We have all made mistakes. He is paying for that mistake, as we all do in one way or another.

Having said all that, I do know this, no matter the mistake we forgive and move on. I went back and listened to some of his old sermons, even downloaded a few of them. Many Sundays I sat there and he could have been talking to me, many people felt that way. I still do, his mistake does not change his message to me or what I got out of that message.

Pastor Tim's mistake does not change or minimize all the good things he did in the past 15 or so years that he was with Edgewater Alliance. Pastor Kyle said this morning, we must look forward and not back, I think he is right but in order to look forward you must not forget the past and you must learn from it. The whole situation is sad for everyone involved.


"Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future" ~Paul Boese

0 comments: