Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day


It is the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. It does not seem to get the big press it did when I was in school (back when the earth was still cooling). It is still important to take a minute to celebrate the planet we live on and remember we need to keep it alive. Here are several ideas on easy ways you can help our earth.

Volusia County Moms

Other things you can do...use Freecycle, there is a group in just about every community in the US. When you are at the beach, pick up trash, I carry a bag with me when I walk on the beach and pick up trash as I go. Easy and effective....don't litter. I am happy to say my children get irate when they see a driver littering, throwing cigarettes out the window and they pick up trash on the ground when they see it.

Enjoy your day!

0 comments: