Thursday, June 9, 2011

Curtism

I was driving my son to his baseball game this afternoon and we were chatting about various topics, his batting average (not so great), his FCAT Scores (awesome), his birthday that just passed (14, where did the freakin time go), his father (a subject for another day) and the weather. At one point I really did not think he was paying any attention to me so I asked him if he was listening. "yes Mom, I heard you." So I said, "so, what do you think?" He gave me this goofy look (he will flip if he sees I posted that picture)



and said....."Mom, you worry too much, I get that is your job but toooo much." I replied, "maybe you should be a tad more concerned." He said....."I am not going to worry about things that don't need worrying about."

I was silent (this is rare) I had to mull that one over for a little while. Then I asked him "what do you mean?" He said "Things you can't change don't need worrying about, so lets not worry about things that don't need worrying about."

Now I just have to do it.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Out of the mouth of babes

VolusiaCountyMoms said...

He's smart! You can't change some things, so it is not worth the effort to worry.