Saturday, August 27, 2011

Are You Prepared?




What do you do when you see this on the weather map? I have friends (you know who you are) that are serially prepared for everything. Hurricanes are no exception. They have flashlights, baskets of batteries, generators, you name it they have it. I am proud of them. I want to be like them. (sort of)

My reality is this...I just got a flashlight last year, but the batteries are dead. (sorry Glenda). My mother brought me two cases of water (she knows me well) and I have all sorts of potential flying projectiles living under my current residence (built on stilts).

Everyone prepares differently. My Hurricane preparedness involves running. Running in whatever direction the projected path is not. (thank goodness for accurate hurricane tracking) I freely admit I am a weather chicken. It runs in my family, my daughter hides in the closet with her computer and cell phone whenever the word tornado is mentioned.

If you want to be prepared in a fashion that does not involve a full tank of gas and a cat carrier here is a simple guide. I am afraid Irene won't be our last scare this year.

Previous Hurricane Information:

2008

2009


2010




0 comments: