Sunday, July 8, 2012

Paddleboard New Smyrna Beach


My daughter decided she wanted to try stand up paddleboarding, and since anything involving exercise and outside is always encouraged I was all for it. I checked around and after a chat with Erik Lumbert at Paddleboard New Smyrna, we decided a lesson for my daughter and a friend would be the best bet to get her started. I took them over on Saturday morning and Erik got them squared away with boards, paddles and a lesson on how to get on, get up and down, turning, all the fine points of paddling...to my surprise (amazement) and pleasure they were up and paddling in record (at least in my book) time.

Erik was awesome, he was incredibly patient with two thirteen year old girls and his staff is super nice. I chatted with them while I waited and they were well informed and gave me a ton of information on the sport. I will actually be trying it this week (on a weekday with no witnesses).

Paddleboard New Smyrna is located at 177 North Causeway. They are right across the little canal from Gerry's Marina, where the boat rental place is. You can get great information on their website, Erik was quick to email me back and he spent quite a long time on the phone explaining my options. Great customer service.

They have tours, lessons, rentals and they sell boards (which is good since I see me being coerced into purchasing one in the near future...)


Support your local business!


Paddleboard New Smyrna Beach




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a few paddle board companies in NSB; some have been around awhile. My adult children went with New Smyrna Stand Up (.com) and had a great time! I agree, I'm going to wait until no one else is around before I try it! Have fun!

nsbmom said...

Yes, I I emailed back and forth with New Smyrna Stand Up. They were very nice too.