Monday, October 14, 2013

Goodbye Tara


Some news many of us have been expecting and so dreading came today. Our friend Tara passed away after an almost 5 year battle with cancer. A battle her friends all fought with her from near and far thanks to the power of email and Facebook. We kept up with her victories and sorrows through it all. She shared with us without reservation, never losing her sense of humor or her determination. No matter what her situation, she always had time for a kind word or a bit of encouragement to a friend on a bad day.

I met Tara in high school, she was the cousin of one of my best friends. Over the years we became close friends, throughout my 20's and into my 30's she was always my voice of reason. She kept me grounded and tried to keep me from being stupid. She succeeded about half the time....but oh she tried....and how we laughed.

So many people have been rooting for Tara, she never gave up looking for a remedy, a cure, or a miracle. Last year we were all lucky enough to share in her joy as she married the love of her life, no one deserved to be truly happy more than she did and she was so happy.

Dear sweet Tara, your spirit, grace and courage are an inspiration. Heaven has another angel, we are lucky to have known you and even luckier that you are now watching over us.

Godspeed my friend.


3 comments:

Ann said...

She sounds like a wonderful woman. I am sorry you lost such a good friend.

NSB Happenings said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Tara was an amazing spirit who will always be with you.

S. Drews said...

~ Truly sorry for the heartbreak of loosing such a dear friend. May you and her family find a peace and keep with you all the love she shared. May God keep her close with no more pain. ~