Friday, November 21, 2008

Who Has The Best Pizza?


Who has the best pizza? In my ongoing effort to ONLY support locally owned business I am trying to find the best pizza. So in that effort I called Mikey's Pizza, beachside tonight. The very nice lady who answered asked if it was pickup or delivery, so I asked her if they took credit cards over the phone, she said no, we are cash only. So I ordered a large pepperoni pizza, it was 11.20 cents. She told me to pick it up in 20 minutes. I usually hop online, order from Pizza Hut or Papa Johns, pay with a debit card and they bring it to my door. Tonight I had no cash on hand so I hopped in the car, hit the ATM and picked up our pizza. It was almost ready when I got there so I had a nice chat with the same lady who answered the phone, she was also making the pizza, actually hand tossing it and loading it up with fresh vegetables and cheese. It seemed like a lot of effort to actually go pick up a pizza, (if I had cash they would have delivered)but let me tell you it was worth it. The pizza was fresh, hot and delicious.

Mikey's is located at 808 3rd Ave, New Smyrna Beach, call them at (386) 423-6854. They are open Sun-Thu 3pm-9pm and Fri & Sat 11am-10pm.

Who has your favorite pizza?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stavros on US1. Great Pizza Half price on Mon and Wed.

Anonymous said...

Tom's in Deland...Right across the street from the Courthouse. Not sure if this one counts though because it's not located in NSB!!!

nsbmom said...

They all count!!! Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Touch of Italy (way south) on AIA in NSB has very good pizza; they also deliver but only from 5-9pm and in a limited delivery area.
City-line Subs, on U.S.1 at the NSB/Edgewater city limits, also has very good pizza. I'm not sure, but I believe they deliver.