Monday, January 5, 2009

Big Gym Day


UPDATE - January 7, 2009 - Curves in New Smyrna has closed next to the Outback, I hear there is a new one opening soon in the K-Mart Plaza on 44. Sorry for the misinformation!

The Monday after New Year's is the single biggest day in gym and health club attendance of the entire year. Sadly, for most it does not last. Below are some local resources for facilities in our area.

Nautilus By The Sea - located on Saxon Ave in the Publix Plaza Beachside, this is the gym I go to. It is the cleanest place I have ever been. Nautilus equipment kept in the very best condition. Very inexpensive, less than a dollar a day for an individual membership. They have been in business since 1991 and offer Yoga, personal traning, aerobics etc.

New Smyrna Athletic Club is located at 401 Canal Street. - They offer yodga, aerobics, tanning etc. I do not have much information on them but they are conveniently located and have been around for several years.

Curves - has two locations in New Smyrna and Edgewater.

Beachfit - I stumbled across this one this morning, their site is under construction but the pictures look good.

I also hear there is a new club opening in Edgewater in early January but I don't have any details yet.

Get moving and have a great Monday!

0 comments: