Sunday, January 4, 2009

Coonhunter

I have coons under my roof, this is not to be confused with having bats in your belfry. I have this Coon that is bigger than my dog living in my ceiling. He romps around in there at all hours of the day and night. I have gotten rid of it once and it came back. Now I think the whole family is living up there. So my brother came over last night to try and scare it out of there. Some of you know him as Mountain Man. He shoots guns, arrows, all sorts of hunting stuff...so last night he went Coon hunting in my yard. Well PETA can sleep well tonight, the coon and all his friends are still up there having a party. Tomorrow I will call in the professional varmint trappers, then maybe we can sleep around here.

While the coon hunting was going on the people behind us were having a party, this was the third or maybe fourth night that they had a big fire going, loud music...all that. Well about 10pm, the entire New Smyrna Beach police deparment arrived, 3 cruisers, 2 SUV's, a veritable bevy of uniformed officers descended on the unsuspecting suspects. Of course we were peering through holes in our fence and witnessed them getting busted for underage drinking, some drugs and whatnot. It appears the parents of one of these future leaders live in Orlando and they were letting them use the house. Several other parents arrived to retrieve their wayward teens and a few older ones were taken away in handcuffs. I used this handy opportunity to give some real life scared straight to my preteen children.

All in all it was a busy weekend at the beach!

Enjoy the week!


2 comments:

Ann said...

You need Brian to take care of the coon.

nsbmom said...

yes I do, one is gone but the rest of the family is still up there. They re coming back tonight when they start moving around.