Monday, January 19, 2009

Turn Off That Phone

My daughter informed me this morning she and one other girl are the only ones in her class that do not have cell phones.

I said to myself, "Self, she is 9 and in fourth grade, I know where she is and who she is with at all times, why in the world would she need a cell phone?"
Oh what, she might miss an important call while she is playing with her Barbies or on Webkinz, no, but because all the other kids have them. Well, this nine year old will be going a little longer without being "like all the other kids." And now to sum up her reaction....."Mom, you are ruining my life!" I wonder if she will suffer permanent damage?

2 comments:

akawest said...

Yikes. I didn't see a need to get my older daughter a cell phone until she was away for six weeks at a summer dance intensive. She was twelve. Of course, back then, I was the meanest mom in the entire world.

Now, I have graduated to most annoying, since I try to control her life with my advice. Hey, but I still pay her cell phone bill. :)

Unknown said...

I can't even imagine.