Monday, January 19, 2009

Bad Dog

There are no bad dogs....this is something my father has always said. Only dogs that are not trained by stupid owners. I am lucky enough to have the dog whisperer for a brother so my dogs are trained, they are not smart but they are trained.

I took my daughter to see Marley & Me this long weekend and she loved it, I loved it and we both cried. Her first "real dog" was a rescued Greyhound named Stoney that adopted her more than we adopted him. Two years ago we had to make the decision to end his life peacefully, so she really related to this movie.

Here are some links to great local rescue organizations where you can get your next Marley or Stoney.....

Coastal Boxer Rescue - we have a rescued Boxer right now, he is not smart but he is a great pet.

Greyhound Pets of America/Daytona - I cannot say enough about what great pets they are, we got ours from the TN Greyhound Rescue.

Southeast Volusia Humane Society - get a dog at the shelter, they will love you for it.

Almost every breed of dog has a rescue foundation in every state. Check it out and do your research before you invest your money, time and heart into a new pet.

0 comments: