Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weekend Events


It can't really be Wednesday already? Things are starting to pick up around town. This weekend is the Images, Festival of the Arts in Riverside Park. This is the 33rd year for the festival, featuring local artists, food and entertainment.
Saturday at 11:30 is the Grand Opening of the Dolphin View Restaurant, the old Sea Harvest. I had lunch there a couple weeks ago. Cannot recommend it yet but I will go back and give it another shot. I am sure they needed some time to get the bugs out.
Here is one I need to investigate further - Oak Hill Seafood Co-Op. This is being held this weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10-5. Local fresh seafood as avalable. It is located at 700 N US highway 1 in Oak Hill(Cook's Plaza). There is a contact number 386-345-0023 and Jimmy is the contact person. If anyone has any further info on that one please email me or leave a comment.
Speaking of Seafood, The Islander Beach Cafe now has Oyster Hour, Monday thru Friday from 5pm-6pm. Oysters are 39 cents a piece. They also have shrimp, clams and crab. Gotta check that one out, I can eat some oysters.
Have a great rest of the week!

0 comments: