Monday, March 16, 2009

Fun For The Kids

The Atlantic Center For The Arts has some great programs for kids of all ages. This weekend is a good example. on Saturday, March 21 Matt Keller will hold a "What's Cooking?" class for children 6-12 years old.

It will be held at ACA’s Whatmore Commons at 1414 Art Center Avenue

Local chef Matt Keller will answer the age old question, “Where does dinner come from?” Participants will explore the culinary arts in a professional kitchen at ACA’s main campus. Keller will handle the sharp and hot, and let everyone else handle the fun. They are making Chicken Parmagiana and Spaghetti. Sign up information is at their website.

Fee: $25 ACA member; $30 nonmember

3 comments:

Kat said...

Thank you for this suggestion! My daughter LOVES to cook and I have been looking for classes for her so this was perfect :) Any ideas for weekend activity (other than competitive sports) for my 13 yr old son? I am looking desperately for something to keep him occupied on the weekend other than sitting in front of his computer!!

nsbmom said...

Does he go to NSB Middle? My son is almost 12 and he is into sports but, the Marine Discovery Center has some programs that are good, they are on the North Causeway, their summer camps are great too. Let me check around and see what I can find....

Kat said...

Thanks! He does go to NSB Middle and unfortunately isn't very athletic or coordinated (he's in the chess club LOL) but I will check out the Marine Center - great suggestion! Your blog has been a great wealth of information for me and helpful in keeping my 4 kids well occupied - THANK YOU!