Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where Do You Go When You Are Sick....

.....and it isn't Monday - Friday from 8am-5pm?

We are very lucky to have Twilight Pediatrics for after hours if our kids are sick, I have used them and they are great. If you are an adult however there are not many choices, actually there are NO choices in Edgewater or New Smyrna Beach other than Bert Fish Emergency. I found that out on Saturday when I could wait no longer to see a doctor. If you Google Urgent Care you get Bert Fish or Bayview Urgent Care in Venetian Bay, I am guessing Bayview is not open yet since I could not find it....anywhere. Venetian Bay also advertises a Farmer's Market, did not see that anywhere either....but I digress....back to the medical issues at hand....So once I realized there is no urgent care in Venetian Bay and I have a $150.00 co-pay for Bert Fish Emergency I decided to head on up to Port Orange.

Port Orange Urgent Care is located at 1690 Dunlawton Ave, they are in Suite 120. There was a very short wait to see the doctor, he was friendly and quick, which is what I was looking for in my miserable sinus infected state. Judging from the small number of people in this Urgent Care I would guess our small community cannot support one as we just don't have enough sick people. I guess that is a good thing, although it was not so good for me on Saturday!‎

If you are sick and cannot wait, take the 10 minute drive to Port Orange Urgent Care and skip the Emergency Room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got medical attention.
Hope you're feeling better.
Thanks for the heads up on urgent care.

Anonymous said...

The bayview Urgent care center is located at the entrance of Venetian Bay nearest Pioneer trail. It is in one of the building that i believe used to be realestate offices. when you go in, turn left at the first entrance (into the circular drive). There is a church next door in one of the other buildings I think.

Anonymous said...

New Smyrna Beach Urgent Care is now open . Located in Winn Dixie shopping center off of 44. It wasn't open when you needed it but it is now!!