Monday, July 6, 2009

Bridgeton Deli

Each day the sign outside the Bridgeton Deli displays their sale item. These items are usually hugely discounted off say what you would pay at Publix or a mainstream supermarket. I picked up a couple of sirloin steaks on Friday for the holiday weekend. They were hand cut by the butcher who called me over to see how thick I wanted them.

They offer a full selection of deli meats, cold cuts and cheeses. Their menu is extensive providing everything from hot and cold subs to fried chicken to shrimp platters. They offer salads, breakfast sanwiches and fresh bread made on site. You can get your catering done at Bridgeton, they need 24 hours notice and can provide party trays, 5-foot subs, just about anything you can imagine.

The sirloin steak I purchased was ridiculously inexpensive and delicious. On a previous visit I sampled "Dennis' Famous Fried Chicken", if it is not famous, it should be it was terrific. I also tried a sub last week, they offer three sizes, 6 inch, 9 inch and 18 inch. I tried a six inch and I saw an 18 inch being prepared. My whole family could eat one of those and probably have leftovers. The service is friendly and fast, if you stop by to pick up lunch you can call ahead and they will have it ready for you.

Bridgeton Deli is located at 319 S. Dixie Freeway, right under the overpass. It is not easy to get to unless you are coming down under the bridge but it is worth the inconvenience for the great food and prices. They are open from 8am-7pm Monday thru Saturday and on Sunday 10am-3pm.

Check it out and support your local business!

Reviews by patrons.

1 comments:

fisherman said...

Love the fried chicken!