Thursday, October 4, 2007

NSB Parks & Rec



In my old life in NC I was part of a large youth sports organization, it is a ton of work for a small number of volunteers and is governed by County Parks & Rec.

When we moved here my son wanted to sign up for soccer with New Smyrna Beach Parks & Rec and I did not have high hopes, I have never loved soccer, he has always played football, but I figured it would be a great way for him to make some friends in a new area.

What a great experience it has been so far, our team did not have a coach the first week of practice, and one of the parents stepped up not only to coach but to sponsor the team. Angel Garcia of Divine Homes Realty of New Smyrna Beach has been terrific with the kids.

These kids are 9 and 10 years old, they are exhibiting excellent sportsmanship, playing and a team and having a great time! Thanks to Angel and Parks & Rec for their great program!

0 comments: